a goodbye

I am, as all other humans in this currently intense world moment, trying to process rapid change and unsettling uncertainty as I settle down into a period of isolation. Home is safe and for that I am grateful, but my heart aches for those who do not have this privilege. May you land in a place you can nestle with comfort and care as soon as possible.

Endings have always been painful for me, but this one came unexpectedly and without time to have meaningful processing or to honor those people and places that matter. I am grieving, and scared. But this I will learn to carry, as I have in the past.

The feeling of disconnection and separation is great, but we find creative ways to alleviate this. My body is mine, still, and she is here with me always. We will dance through all the feelings that arise, the fear and the stress and the sadness and the anger, to reach joy and healing. Now is a time of unexpected discovery. 

A brief freewrite:

"My body is sad, but honoring the heaviness and allowing it space to live out its time, it is part of this dance. So grateful to move my body with the copresence of people out in the world, I wiggle the heaviness out like a worm in a rainstorm. Dizzy, spinning, its disorienting alone. 

I miss my sanctuaries and my dancer humans, but I am slowly learning the process of melding. This space, in my house, my childhood oozing out of the walls, melds to my dance body and we shyly become acquainted. In time, I say, we will release fully into movement liberation"


Comments

  1. This really got me in the feels. I'm in tears. Watching you dance is always beautiful but this is something that words can't capture. gasdfasfhfal;sdfjh;lh such a beautiful dance.
    That studio is such a special home to us. I went back there so many times to say last goodbyes to the space before leaving. This dance took me back to that headspace.
    The lighting - the greys of the room with you dancing as a silhouette against the beaming bright open window (esp where we can't see what's behind it in this shot --- it's just a bright unknown light that could be scary but enticing and so many other things! ) --- helps me see this dance in an all-the-more poetic/meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body