unsteadiness on the wood floor

I unearthed my room from clutter and years of dust. It's still a time-capsule from middle school, but I now look upon it with love.

I am at capacity for uncertainty and unsteadiness, although I know it will not go away, the unclear, wobbly, terrifying state of things. Unsteady future, unsteady health, unsteady community, unsteady wifi connection. Unsteady emotional state. Here is a dance and some writing where I try to face some of this lack of clarity.

Begin freewrite.
"the floor is sliding away from me like my sense of security and rhythm these days. Feeling the creases in the wood gently crash against my feet as I slide around. Ice cold wood slick like a Popsicle, my body can always catch herself. A symphony of sounds. Instability feels like rugs being pulled, but yet we bounce back, balance inside, pleasure in the falling and catching. This is where agency is regained".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body