Barn moment, part 2

Here are some other moments from the barn, exploring movement from Dan Wagnor's piece Miss Otis Regrets in an improvisational format. I hope to get back in the barn soon.
This is dedicated with love to Carol Langstaff. 

Begin Freewrite:
"I danced a ghost duet with Emma, in the barn, alone. I felt the weight shared, the trust, oozing breath like swells in the depth of the Atlantic. Ebb and flow, the bond catches me in a shudder, a whisper of forgiveness sings out in the dance.
"Today I died" she says.
It is April 1st.
But I will be reborn anew. Some moment, for some present in the future, rushing like a hurricane gust to engulf your body in electricity. You will rise up with wings of movement swirling around all of you, like spring. She is certain of this truth. I close my eyes and the presence of multiple reincarnating bodies hold me. And I hold them. I open my eyes and I am alone. I smile. We continue to hold each other."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body