Al Mirador

After arriving in Chile on Tuesday, we went straight to a small town called Los Andes for orientation. I stole away to dance a bit in a soccer pitch and at a view point, "el Mirador".

begin freewrite. To ask myself these questions: Am I enjoying the sun sundress hair down sweat sunscreen combination dripping, breeze catching sweat sunscreen, tear from sweat sunscreen, cool and warm, dogs barking in the distance at el Mirador? Yes. Did I imagine I would see a desert and a vineyard in the same view? This is new. Romper allows me to move and still sway while I stand and as I stand I feel sand and something sharp in my sandal.

I like to be alone sometimes so the sanctuary of soccer pitch enclosed with vines tall and thick provided me a moment- the first of my time in Chile- to sit and then get up and move. My toes laugh at the reunion of grass under them, a relic sensation from my childhood. Humming--my brain, the sun soaking into my skin, the bugs and birds and goats (the air smells like goat cheese) and humans mowing a lawn watering the flowers blasting a radio broadcast from a moving car. Humming from within too, beauty in nature and mystery of a new world and delirium from orientation powerpoints has got my cells aching to dance.

"Los Andes" this town, reminds me of every mountain community I have had the privilege of experiencing. Mountains bring me comfort.

Comments

  1. Beautiful. Love the writing about the grass on your feet. Please show us the surroundings. I want to see better where you are. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you so much!! <3 Dancing in the grass reminded me of Vermont!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body