feeling the wind

It was a stormy, grey day. Its easy to be a chameleon and absorb nature's mood into your own body. More than ever I wish we had a leader instead of a narcissistic dictator. Sending my thoughts to all the families that are struggling right now.

Dancing in the wind gave me some energy and light.


Begin freewrite:

"Wind
rush so forceful it gives me more oxygen so I can fly higher and forget the ground for a second. It's not a cold wind, kisses on my raw, hand-washed skin, a little pirouette in each hair strand I am caught in the swirl. The gust chooses for me where I move my body--a whirlwind.

Sometimes it feels deeply pleasurable to give in to the habitual twist and lunge that my body relies on as its foundation. a yielding to the known, as everything is so damn
dark
       grey
             gloomy
                      unsettling
                               enraging
                                          unequal
                                                    unjust
                                                           terrifying
                                                                      glorious

dance gives me something to hold on to, for I am treading water and my legs ache. Offering! What is this glorious moment of serendipitous nature
                                                   wind and sun and rain mixing like
a divine dressing to pour over my raw leafy greens.
touch me, hold me, I want to feel your falling caress graze against me. I am open to you"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body