Humming

Reflecting on time passing quickly and the shifting feelings in my body. I've been investing most of my time into conversation and art, trying to pour my energy into dancing at Casa Arte and supporting local artists and performers and sitting for many hours talking to people over good Chilean beer and wine and empanadas. I do hope to see more of the country, but there's time for that!  (Apologies for the quality in the video, it was a spontaneous moment!)

begin freewrite. 
It's been a little more than a month and as I start to achieve my goal of living in the moment and fully appreciating things as they come I also find that time is flying by like the sidelines of a passing train. I know this is what happens. Juicy feelings of belonging and laughter makes me want to close my eyes and wiggle around. Smile as my eyes are closed and let the sensation travel around, up my spine, down my legs, around my neck and down into my feet. Its the internal humming that zings around and inspires my movement, and also the Chilean wine (delicious divine liquid) and the flow of the music. 

The body is not always singing-- sometimes when I am homesick or when I had food poisoning last week (all is now well), it wants more to teleport to the home bed and feel that medium hard softness of the home mattress your body craves. Home pops up all over the world for me though. It populates as I root down in new places. This is feeling a bit like a new home too. When that subtle ache in the chest starts tingling, that's when you know. The love starts growing.

Sometimes I feel confined, by the lack of knowledge or the gringa presence being complicated and problematic. Working through and challenging my privilege and marginality that coexist in my experience. 


Comments

  1. Love your words-" Its the internal humming that zings around and inspires my movement" and glad you are feeling better Luce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body