The sharp, loving bite of Mother Nature's Winds

Last weekend, we went down south to Patagonia, to a national park called Torres del Paine. It is one of the farthest points in Chile, and as soon as we landed in Punta Arenas, I could feel the power of the air and the mountains surrounding us, as it was so fresh and carried a tangible spark, an electrical current in the air. In fact, it felt a lot like the air at the top of Camel's Hump or Mt. Moosilauke during fall when the sun is out but the wind is cold and powerful. It made me miss home. Vermont will always be so special to me! Torres del Paine is a massive expanse of protected wilderness, so we only saw a glimpse of its full potential. But what we did get to see and experience was delightful! The water is so fresh and cold and literally as pure as can be as it all comes from glaciers. The mountains are strikingly tall and jagged, covered in snow and ice and constantly circled by turbulent clouds. We also saw so many animals! While I've been thoroughly enjoying the city life that Valparaiso has to offer, it was very refreshing to explore a new place and escape the city for a bit. Ended the weekend feeling exhausted but also enlivened by the glory of the world, and grateful for Danaes for accompanying me!!

begin freewrite.
I want to keep moving forever. I feel a pang of sadness when I have to end the dance, returning again and again to Ralph Lemon's idea of the eternal ending, revolving and circling again and again. This place is divine, there is a spiritual zest breathing in the mountains. The wind whips my skin and in that moment you can feel a glimpse of the full strength of the nature here. I look at the glacier , the iceberg, and yes, the saying "tip of iceberg" applies to the tangible spirituality of where I am standing, dancing, breathing, thinking, mind racing and expanding. Wilderness has always been my greatest inspiration, the essence, the character of the purity and power of the glorious nature speaks to me and I am humbled by its grace.

Big words and feelings because this place is as such-- vast and powerful and empowering. My body aches with the need to move, a tribute to those incomprehensible mountains, a small gift in return for the momentous gift nature gives me, gives us every day. Introspective. I eat a chunk of ice and the water sings of ultimate freshness, pure glacier divinity. Also pain, deep grief for its slow yet steady death. Murder. I step on this sand and my impact is much more vast when considering the life we all devour, collective participation in this global homicide. I take a moment to honor this space, its immense existence, the sanctuary it creates. May I make some impact that helps in some way. May we create healing somehow.








Comments

  1. love the dancing in front of the iceberg. it seems so cold there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

practicing being a succulent wild woman

the body